These are the times that try men's souls
The Numinous Experience Photos Videos. About Joe About Numinous.
- A Christmas Carol is published.
- The American Crisis - Wikipedia.
- Saw Horse Plans Three Piece Saw Horses?
- The Thief in the Waiting Room?
- Home Defense 101 - How To Defend Against A Home Invasion.
- Facilitating State Health Exchange Communication Through the Use of Health Literate Practices: Workshop Summary.
- New Jersey Read for Life!
News Press The Numinosum Blog. Numinous The Music of Joseph C. Phillips Jr.
The Numinosum Blog. How are freedom and democracy packaged and promoted? Is America living up to that promise? Theater 2 is on the right. These words were written by Paine in as he was traveling with George Washington's troops on their long retreat from the Battle of New York, just steps ahead of enemy soldiers; and just before their famous Christmas night crossing over a frozen Delaware River in order to surprise the British and Hessian soldiers.
The story is that Paine wrote these following words by campfire on the head of a drum: These are the times that try men's souls. I still mourn the loss of so many friends and good people that I have come to know in death through their families and loved ones.
- The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life?
- These are the Times that Try Men's Souls!
- The Evolution of Inanimate Objects: The Life and Collected Works of Thomas Darwin (1857-1879).
- Improve Your Memory - Tools And Techniques To Boost Your Brain Power And Remember Everything You Need For Success (memory improvement, concentration, self ... diet, brain power diet, omega 3, neurons)?
- Lindsay Lohan Unauthorized & Uncensored (All Ages Deluxe Edition with Videos)?
- This Day in Quotes: “These are the times that try men’s souls…”?
I was reminded of the wisdom and the beautiful language that flowed so effortlessly from the minds of those courageous revolutionists as they faced incredible odds in their journey towards freedom. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
The American Crisis, by the Author of Common Sense.
Yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. General George Washington ordered it read to his troops just prior to crossing the Delaware River and defeating the Hessians at Trenton.
source site The ultimate act of hate was defeated by the love that sprang from those ashes. Within hours, the country unified and began the long, difficult journey of recovery defying the act that was designed to fracture us. The expert first responders, putting aside the losses of so many of their colleagues, rushed up stairs swollen with people running down and ultimately becoming the face of courage while raising their profession to an unimaginable level.
With five gallon buckets we took to a seven-story pile, barehanded, to find our friends and the innocent victims.